3rd International Staff Training Week of the University of Porto - Career and Employability Services
Published on / opublikowano 11-01-2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought several uncertainties about employment and employability and how companies and workplaces will be configured. It also moved the conversation about the future of work into the present. Despite all the uncertainties one thing is for sure: change is inevitable. At the same time we’re facing changes in the labour market, organizations, skills, jobs and so on we cannot forget the role of our Career Services and explore how can they be proactive in addressing the immediate needs of the post-pandemic undergraduates and graduates career.
That is why we do not want to finish this difficult and demanding year of 2020 without addressing you an invitation to be part of 3rd International Staff Training Week of the University of Porto (Portugal) concerning Career and Employability Services. Under the main subject: Stay Connected - challenges for the new decade this on-line event will be held from January 19th to January 21st.
(click on the headline for more details)
We believe this is an opportunity to start the New Year 2021, with energy and hope, and to widen and strengthen cooperation with other professionals and institutions.
In this staff week you will have the opportunity to share and discuss with international partners and companies about:
• the Career Services transformation;
• what are the most significant challenges in the labour market (caused by the pandemic);
• the challenges and changes that career services faced in 2020 and are facing in 2021;
• how Career Offices are transforming and reimagining their services, support and engagement to answer to (future) of careers.
PROGRAMME (in attachment) will include the following topics:
• Discovering the University of Porto and participants HEI career services;
• Presenting your careers service and sharing best practice;
• Discussing with companies’ representatives challenges into the labour market and companies, sustainability, resilience and post COVID-19 careers;
• Exploring, through team work and facilitation and group dynamics, new ideas and strategies to deal with the new demands and to innovate career services;
• Reimagining new models and approaches for career services;
• Discovering one of the European University Alliance (for Global Health)
• Peer to peer interaction and networking
REGISTRATION: https://s.up.pt/blqy until January 13th 2021.
The staff will only happen with a minimum of 10 participants (if not we will have to postpone it). Please be aware that we will give priority to representatives from different institutions. We will send information about the selection until 15th January.
COSTS: 60€ participation fee, which includes the teamwork and dynamics facilitation and certificates of attendance.
Our whole team is looking forward to welcome you in this on-line staff week! If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
U.Porto Talent & Career - Staff Week team